Ways to cut down on false alarms in Huntington
False alarms are a legitimate problem for a home security system. They not only erode the trust you have in your equipment, but they may be a pain to resolve. Luckily, you are able to do a few things to lessen the frequency of false alarms from your Huntington sensors and alarms.
To begin, be sure that everything is installed as intended. This might seem like a no-brainer, but it’s often the case that overlooked user errors trigger false alarms. Next, keep an eye on possible culprits of false alarms, including a back door that could be kept ajar inadvertently. And finally, feel free to incorporate the many tools like home automation and geotracking to cut down on false alarms in Huntington.
Is it really that simple? Keep reading to see for yourself.
Can you avoid false alarms in Huntington?
Like diagnosing any problem, the first thing to do is read the manual. Ensure all devices are installed properly from your perspective by:
- Executing a system analysis with your smart hub touchscreen.
- Physically inspect each component to be certain it didn't get knocked out of place or need a battery change.
- Look over your scheduling to ensure that your alarms aren’t engaging at inopportune times.
- Be certain that all integrated smart components are incorporated correctly and aren't disrupting your system.
Reach out to your Vivint specialist if you continue to have trouble cutting down false alarms in your Huntington security system. They'll be pleased to send out a tehnician to check your setup.
Investigate your windows and doors
In the event your system seems to be OK, the ensuing step is to do an investigation of your residence. Are your windows and doors shut tight, or are any accidentally ajar? If an entrance stays open, it could trip a sensor. If your family consistently forgets to shut an entrance, you can install a smart locking system that secures automatically when your home security is engaged. Sadly, windows require more hands-on attention, especially if you have a loved one who likes to rest with an open window. Thankfully, your Vivint alarm system makes it easy to turn off that alarm while still guarding the remainder of the house.
Automation tends to be a great method to cut down on false alarms in Huntington
One of the best techniques to reduce the chance of false alarms is to integrate smart home automation into your alarm system. When utilizing your Vivint app, you can:
- Set a schedule to turn off the alarm when you are home and avert false alarms that happen due to accidentally unlatching doors or windows. You can then program the alarm to automatically set again at night as you prepare for bed.
- Have your system disengage as your smart lock is triggered with the proper PIN.
- Utilize geotracking to turn on your alarm as you depart the driveway, then disarm when you arrive home for the day.
- Receive cell phone alerts when your components sense abnormal motion or need a fresh battery.
- Connect your equipment to a smart assistant like Google Home or Alexa, so you are able to disarm and arm your system without the smartphone app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in Huntington by switching to a Vivint smart home installation
Greater authority over your alarm system results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To customize your Vivint home security system, call (304) 902-8188 or complete the form on this page.