Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Huntington smart home
At the core of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into a single unified system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color interface puts you in total control of your Huntington home’s security and automation. See how it can benefit you and check out tips to get you started.
How can you use the Vivint Smart Hub in Huntington?
Wirelessly linking to sensors and other implements via radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your property. You can disarm or arm your system, program lights, update the thermostat, and more. If incorporating a doorbell camera, you can even talk to whoever’s at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub features a battery backup and built-in cellular connectivity to ensure reliable performance. It also gives you complete remote operability through the Vivint smartphone app.
Here are some of the tasks you can perform:
- Review current or saved video streams from any linked cameras
- Disarm or arm your system
- Switch lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Modify your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to your monitoring center
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Huntington by implementing schedules or creating rules. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat change automatically every night at a specified time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your front door unlock when the smoke detector goes off.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your security system
Before you get into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll have to grasp how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s easy - just follow these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will remain in the home and arms everything except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be gone, and each sensor in your home will arm.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
You’ll observe a message if something is stopping the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window or door will cue you to take action. Note that you are still able to arm the system by using the steps above. You will then have to verify that you would like to ignore the sensor in question.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Huntington
Despite the fact that multiple users can be entered when your system is installed, you may want to add another user down the road. Here are instructions to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right of the main screen.
- Touch “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the the name you want to use, and tap the Next button.
- If you would like to supply the user remote access, select phone or email and submit the information to send an invite.
- Hit Next and then establish a PIN for the added user.
- To delete a user, go to the menu, tap users, pick the user you wish to delete, and then press “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take command of your home’s security and automation with an easy-to-use touchscreen panel? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Huntington smart home. Call (304) 902-8188 to get started.