Online purchasing and daily deliveries have become customary for numerous homeowners. You love the ease of having items delivered in front of your door, but there is a disadvantage. Those parcels sitting in the open are invitations to potential burglars. Porch piracy has become a significant issue, but you can protect yourself from it by getting a doorbell camera with your home security system. These devices are effective tools to combat opportunistic thieves, but they do so much more.
Take a minute to learn more about how they work and why they’re sure to be a crucial facet of your smart home.
Perks of a Huntington video doorbell
Available in wireless and wired options, video doorbells offer a great number of sophisticated features, and the technology keeps advancing. You are now able to implement detection zones, speak to individuals on your porch, and receive instant alerts whenever a package arrives.
The best way to understand how a Huntington video doorbell camera works is to explore the many benefits it gives you. Take a look at the following features:
- Active deterrents: You can’t get this on all models, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that are proactive in deterring crime with audible and visual warnings. This is a great way to let prowlers know somebody is watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You will benefit from seeing the whole picture, and that consists of the faces of visitors on your porch and boxes on the ground. Video doorbells with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision offer a comprehensive perspective.
- Vivid streams any time of day: What’s the point of implementing a doorbell camera if the images are grainy and difficult to see? The best models will include incredible HDR resolution and night vision.
- Delivery alerts: Would you like to be informed when a package arrives? You can receive immediate notifications from video doorbells that can reveal the difference between people and packages.
- Speak with the visitor at your door: Is a person waiting at your main entry? Reciprocal audio gives you the chance to find out why they’re there. You can even use this beneficial feature to frighten off people lurking around your porch.
- Prevent false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to set up your own detection zones. Restricting the space to be monitored will help you minimize false alarms caused by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Instant access to footage: A video doorbell configured into your smart home provides you the chance to view current and recorded video directly from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like never before, as you are able to access them right from your phone, regardless of your location. They’ll inform you when someone arrives, show you what’s happening, and even permit you to speak with whoever’s at your door. These components have turned into game-changers in terms of safety and convenience.